This article contains the FAQs for the SP101UK Ninja® Foodi® Flip Mini Oven.
- Air Fry: Make goods that would traditionally be fried - such as chicken wings, French fries and chicken nuggets - with little to no added oil.
- Roast: Achieve a crispy outside and perfectly cooked inside for full-sized oven tray meals, chunkier proteins and roasted vegetables.
- Grill: Grills meat and fish and evenly browns the tops of casseroles.
- Bake: Even bakes everything from your favourite cookies to homemade pizzas.
- Toast: Evenly toasts up to 6 slices of bread to your perfectly level of darkness.
- Bagel: Perfectly toast up to 6 bagel halves when they're placed cut-side up on the wire rack.
- Dehydrate: Dehydrates meats, fruits and vegetables for healthy snacks.
- Keep Warm: Keeps food warm up to 2 hours.
The power button is located on the bottom left side of the control panel.
No. To pause the unit, simply press the START/PAUSE button.
No. To minimise sticking, spray the air fry basket with cooking spray.
Use the air fry basket with the Air Fry and Dehydrate functions to maximise airflow. When cooking foods that may drip, place the air fry basket on the oven tray.
Easily cook a 33cm pizza, 1kg of fries or 6 slices of bread.
Yes. It is important to shake and/or rotate your food for consistent browning and crispiness. For best results, follow the recipe or cooking chart to see how often you should rotate ingredients while cooking.
Although oil is not required, we recommend starting with one tablespoon and adjusting for personal preference or referencing the recipe for suggested oil amounts.
Yes. The oven tray has a nonstick ceramic coating.
Use the oven tray for any cooking function. Place the air fry basket on the oven tray when air frying foods that drip, like chicken wings, steak and other marinated ingredients.
Yes. Parchment paper can be used in the unit the same way that you would use it in your conventional oven.
No. To prevent the unit from overheating, do not use wrap the oven tray or crumb tray in foil while cooking.
This unit is 2400 Watts.
The temperature range varies depending on the function:
- Air Fry: 120 - 205°C
- Roast: 120-230°C
- Grill: HI, LO (Hi 230°C, Lo 175°C approx)
- Bake: 120-230°C
- Dehydrate: 40-90°C
- Keep Warm: 80°C
The timer increments vary depending on the function:
- Air Fry: 0 - 1 hours
- Roast: 0 - 2 hours
- Grill: 0 - 30 minutes
- Bake: 0 - 2 hours
- Dehydrate: 1 - 12 hours
- Keep Warm: 2 hours
When the unit is powered on, the digital display will light up along with all the function buttons.
No. The unit will automatically preheat when using Air Fry, Roast and Bake. There is no automatic preheat necessary or available when using Grill, Toast, Bagel, Dehydrate and Keep Warm.
The outside of the unit is stainless steel.
The outside of the unit and glass window will heat up during cooking, but the control panel and door handle will remain cool to touch.
To set the cook time, press the TIME/SLICE button and use the START/PAUSE dial to set the desired time. You can change the time at any point during cooking by pressing the TIME/SLICE button and using the START/PAUSE dial to add time.
To set the cook temperature press the TEMP/DARKNESS button and use the START/PAUSE dial to set the desired temperature. You can change the temperature at any point during cooking by pressing the TEMP/DARKNESS button and using the START/PAUSE dial to adjust the temperature.
The Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Mini Oven has a 1-year guarantee.
The power cord is approximately 0.61m.
Yes, you can adjust the cook time and/or temperature at any point during cooking by pressing the TIME/SLICE and/or TEMP/DARKNESS button and using the START/PAUSE dial to adjust the time and/or temperature.
It depends on the food. Follow package instructions.
Place the air fry basket and oven tray on heat-safe surfaces only and use caution when handling, as they will get hot during cooking.
- Hold handles on each side of the unit.
- Lift and flip unit onto its side.
- Leave the unit in the upright position when storing or deep cleaning.
The Toast function is specifically programmed to toast bread, while the Bagel function is specifically programmed to toast bagels. Both functions have been pre-programmed to take into account the thickness and cook time needed to toast bread, bagels and muffins.
- Dishwasher-Safe Accessories: Air Fry Basket, Oven Tray
- Non-Dishwasher-Safe Accessories: Crumb Tray, Wire Rack
For longevity we recommend hand washing accessories. For stuck-on residue, leave to soak before cleaning.
Yes, but crispiness results may vary.
Yes, as long as they are oven safe up to 260°C and not taller than 5 cm.
When preparing traditional oven recipes using the Roast function, lower cook time by 30% and temperature by 10°C.
Everyday Cleaning - The unit should be cleaned thoroughly after every use.
- Unplug the unit from the socket and allow it to cool down before cleaning.
- Empty crumb tray by sliding it out of the oven when the oven is in the flipped-down position.
- To clean any food splatter on the interior walls of the unit, wipe them with a soft, damp sponge.
- To clean the exterior of the main unit and the control panel, wipe them clean with a damp cloth. A non-abrasive liquid cleanser or mild spray solution may be used. Apply the cleanser to the sponge, not the oven surface, before cleaning.
Deep Cleaning -
- Unplug the unit from the socket and allow it to cool down before cleaning.
- Remove all accessories from the unit, including the crumb tray and wash separately. Use a non-abrasive cleaning brush to wash the air fry basket more thoroughly.
- Flip up the oven into the storage position.
- Press the push button to release the back door to access the oven's interior.
- Use warm, soapy water and a soft cloth to wash the oven's interior. DO NOT use abrasive cleaners, scrubbing brushes or chemical cleaners, as they will damage the oven. CAUTION: NEVER put the main unit in the dishwasher or immerse it in water or any other liquid.
The fan will continue to run even after cook time is complete to help cool the internal components of the unit. This is normal behavior.
The unit's fan will automatically turn on during the Bake and Air Fry functions to keep the control panel cool to touch during cooking.
Yes, to restore the oven’s default settings for each function, press the TIME/SLICE and TEMP/DARKNESS buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. The oven will remember the last setting used for each function, even if you unplug it.
This is normal. The oven is designed to control temperature precisely for every function by adjusting the heating elements' power levels, which results in the heating elements turning on and off at specific times.
This is normal. The door is vented to release steam created by foods with a high moisture content.
This is normal. The condensation created by foods with a high moisture content (such as frozen breads) may run down the inside of the door and drip onto the worktop.
When the oven is hot, a fan turns on to cool down the control panel.
This indicator illuminates when the unit is hot and will turn off when the oven is cool enough to be flipped up for storage or cleaning.
Flip will appear when the unit is cool enough to flip up for storage or cleaning.
Make sure you have set the correct Slice number and Darkness level—the oven has preset times that correlate with each setting. If the slice number does not match the number of slices of the bread in the
Make sure you are using the Bagel function. Check to see you have set the correct Slice number and Darkness level—the oven has preset times that correlate with each setting. If the slice number does not match the number of bagel halves in the oven, results may vary for the desired darkness level. For best results, place bagel slices cut-side up on the wire rack.
The word HOT displays to ensure users know what the HOT squiggly icon means. You can turn off the text “HOT” message by pressing the power button, but the HOT icon will remain illuminated until the unit is safe to touch and flip up for storage.